Who are we?
Maria Nila is a Swedish professional haircare brand with the added benefits of being certified vegan, certified currently free and climate compensated. We are an organization of doer’s and creators. As our District Manager, you will have the opportunity to influence and make both small and big differences within your territory and the company, as well as in the beauty industry overall, as we’re on a journey to become leading within sustainable beauty.
On this journey to be leading sustainable beauty, our day-to-day work is led by a company culture that guides us to Be Friendly, Act Ambitious and Take Ownership. Our key values of sustainability, innovation and family culture goes into every detail of our work as well. For the right person, there are great opportunities ahead!
The District Manager is responsible for helping our customers reach their greatest potential by supplying the best products the professional beauty industry has to offer. The District Manager is responsible for meeting and exceeding sales objectives within their assigned territory with a focus on new business development and additionally through sales programs and ongoing education. The DM will partner with our education and marketing teams to grow current accounts. There are also several prominent industry trade shows and events during the year that will serve as an opportunity to deepen customer relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities
- SALES: Account Development – Identify and develops a plan of long-term growth within assigned territory through mainly new business development, and for existing salons to increase in-salon market share and new partnerships.
- Communicate and utilize the business strategies and services provided to develop successful and profitable long-term partnerships within assigned territory.
- Responsible for the delivery of monthly, quarterly, and annual sales objectives including goal obtainment on the Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the defined geographical territory and all assigned accounts.
- EDUCATION: Supporting and increasing sales by participating in and facilitating education and promotional events including area classes, company shows, and events, hands-on workshops, and in-salon education.
- Organize and execute account planning meetings on a quarterly or more frequent basis with salon owners to consult on business promotions and strategy.
- Utilize company resources and tools to leverage loyalty programs.
- ADMINISTRATION & PLANNING: Manages remote-order entry with company-provided tools as well as other administrative duties as needed. Strong participation in all regional and national sales meetings.
- Effectively manage all administrative aspects of the role in a timely manner to include but not limited to daily remote order entry and regular maintenance of customer information and activity for the assigned territory.
- Responsible for monitoring diversion by continually assessing and monitoring the appropriate amount of product that each customer should be ordered based on their size, client count, and the number of service providers within the salon location.
- Must live within the assigned territory: Northeast or Southeast coast.
- High school degree required; bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years demonstrated outside sales experience or beauty industry experience with emphasis on consultative selling.
- Demonstrated outside sales experience or equivalent industry experience
- Demonstrated consultative and customer service skills.
- Excellent communication both verbal and written as well as presentation skills.
- Must be highly organized, flexible, goal-oriented, and results-driven.
- Possesses a valid state driver’s license.
- Excellent computer skills - Windows-based (MS Office) systems and applications.
- Avid user of social media platforms
This position requires intermittent supervision as the incumbent will be working independently most of the time in the field. This role is responsible for direct interaction with salons and independent stylists and will be required to negotiate and react quickly regarding business decisions, with the manager’s approval for key decisions. This position reports into Field Sales Manager Northeast.
This position requires significant local travel to current and potential clients. It also requires attendance at conventions, shows, educational classes and other special events.
We offer a competitive salary with an additional commission and bonus-based structure. We also offer paid holiday and complementary sick days. In addition, you also get to enjoy all Maria Nila products for free!